About Glenn McKimmin
Glenn Mckimmin is a professional landscape photographer from Australia with 15 years of diverse industry experience. He loves what he does for a living and generously helps others discover the life-changing benefits of photography.
- Glenn and his camera have captured awe-inspiring images across a spectrum of countries including New Zealand, Slovenia, Bhutan, Canada, Ireland, England, Turkey, Syria, Norway, Austria, France, Italy, Mongolia, Kamchatka, India, Sri Lanka, UAE and the USA. When he’s not covered in colour at India’s Holi festival, Glenn loves to shoot local – Australian coastal and alpine scenes underpin his portfolio.
- The accomplishments extend beyond a stunning suite of images – Glenn manages several pioneering businesses within the photographic industry, all geared toward appreciating the dynamic art of photography.
- He’s Director of Created for Life, a specialist printing and framing lab. He’s also Founding Director of Fotoworkshops, an Aussie-based luxury photo tour company he launched in 2008. To date, Glenn has arranged savvy experts to lead photo tours to more than 25 colourful, pristine or wild countries across the globe.
- In 2018, Glenn founded Aperture Australia, the country’s first, (and the hemisphere’s largest) immersive photography conference. He believes there are lessons to be learnt from every level of experience – so, as Director, he’s placing amateur talent and award-winning photographers in one room to boost the industry as a whole.
- As a proud Fuji X Ambassador and Chromajet Ambassador, Glenn is focused on building a colourful legacy. His actions illustrate a commitment to sharing knowledge of the craft with others, rather than simply collecting trophies for the shelf. Once a passionate rugby player planning to work in PR, Glenn has now established a trademark photographic style shaped by his time training with industry legends. One of the greatest influencers was his uncle – panoramic landscape photographer Ken Duncan. After many hours waiting in the wilderness, Ken taught Glenn the grand reward of persistence: when everyone else has given up, you stay put to capture that golden shot!
- Originally from Manly, Sydney, Glenn now calls the beautiful Central Coast home. Based in the beachside suburb of Terrigal, he finds daily inspiration on his doorstep… plus many opportunities to play soccer with his awesome son, Xavier! But his work is also motivated by a family tragedy – losing his sister to suicide. To fathom a world without Cherie, Glenn learnt to feel his way day by day from behind the lens. Today, Glenn considers his finest work a tribute to her beauty and the unimaginable power of the medium to create a connection where it may otherwise be lost.
- As a lifelong supporter of the natural world, Glenn wants his photographs to highlight a special, forgotten innocence, with the ultimate hope of encouraging us to take better care of the breathtaking world right under our feet – because you genuinely never know when it might be ripped from beneath you.